What Is VPN?
Virtual Private Network is the full form of VPN, by its full form one can understand its meaning that it is a service that provides you protection or privacy online by providing private networks in the public networks.
It is also used by almost all the companies and corporations around the world to protect their highly sensitive data from hacking or tracing.
It is also used mostly by a single user for PC and mobile phones.
What actually Virtual Private Network does are mentioned below:
- Unblocks blocked websites: Allows you to access websites that are blocked by the in a particular country or area.
- Hides IP addresses: Uses a virtual IP address instead of your real IP address.
- Encrypt transferring data: It protects the data you transfer over public networks to prevent corruption or leaking of data.
- Hides location: Allows you to be seen or tracked on your particular location.
While doing any online activity security is needed because there are so many hackers or hacking tools to corrupt your activity or data, hence it is used by mostly all companies or corporations.
While your data is on the computer, your data is protected by a firewall and when it comes to the web process, Virtual Private Network comes into play.
In short, when will need two services for complete protection that are a firewall and a VPN. If both go hand-in-hand then you and your data are pretty safe.
SETTING UP VPN CONNECTION
There are different methods to set it up on different Operating Systems. Here are the methods:
For Windows (10)
- Click on Start Button -> Settings -> Network & Internet -> VPN -> Add a VPN connection.
- On VPN provider, select “Windows (built-in)” and assign a name in Connection name.
- Enter all the remaining information as you like and then click on the “Connect” button.
- If it demands a certificate then it is required. So for that…
- Open the chrome -> settings -> certificates (chrome://settings/certificates).
- Go to the Authority Tab and find the required certificate and then import it.
- Follow the instructions mentioned above.
- Open settings -> Network & Internet -> Advanced -> VPN (if you can’t find then use search engine to search out for it).
- If you haven’t set a screen lock or password on your mobile then Google requires you to do it. So just do it.
- Create your VPN profile by entering a name, type, and server address and then tap on the Save button.
- Now tab on the VPN you named and then assign name and password. Feel free to save your account information and you can also make your VPN on all the time then click on Connect.
- Enter the VPN name, type, server address, username, and password.
- Click on save.
- First, go to System Preferences and then go to Network.
- Click on the plus button located at the bottom, click on the drop-down menu interface and select VPN (you will need some details from your VPN for filling the VPN type and Service name).
- Click on the create button.
- Enter server address, remote ID and local ID and then click on authentication settings.
- Enter the username and password for your VPN that can be set through VPN app.
- Click Ok and then click Connect.
- Open Settings > General > VPN (it will just show you whether you are connected or not).
- Tab on Add VPN Configuration then on Type.
- Get back to Add VPN Configuration. Here you will add VPN description, server, remote ID and local ID.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tab on Done button and toggle the Status to put it on.